I suggest you ...

Have a web based TaskOS that syncs with Android TaskOS.

Users can use TaskOS on their desktop when working. When away from the desktop, they can use TaskOS on android.

165 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lim Choon Hong shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

15 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

This is a great idea. I know of very few apps that actually allow you to sync directly. Going through google is pretty useless but a direct sync via the web would be fantastic and very useful.

• Link Porterfield commented  · 

Taskos does tasks better than Google Tasks. (Sorry, Google, but it's true.) Google Tasks seems to be an abandoned project that was created as an afterthought. It is plagued by serious shortcomings that date back to at least 2009 and still persist. Maybe Google could hire Taskos to fix their less than stellar tasks platform and then everybody wins.

• Krista Boone commented  · 

This is necessary before I move to TaskOS from the buggy and slow Astrid. I can't check my phone list everywhere...

• Anonymous commented  · 

Astrid does this ... I got that app because that's what I wanted, and then foound that the list names wouldn't synch. TaskOS should have a web interface to manage tasks online and then update the phone.

• Anonymous commented  · 

there is no way to backup your tasks if you can't synch to google tasks...

• Anonymous commented  · 

In particular a google chrome extension would be very appreciated.

• Vince commented  · 

I just migrated from iPhone to Android... Taskos is clearly the best Android Task management app, however it still has a long way to go to keep up with the offerings on iPhone.

I was using Appigo Todo, and had even paid for their web based service. On the face of it I would just prefer a Google sync like in Taskos, however, because Google tasks is so limited in its functionality it seems necessary for the time being, whilst they get it together, to offer your ownb web based service that is fully functional...

• Jesse Stanford commented  · 

I would rather they just implement synching with a web based service such as ToodleDo or RTM and then let them deal with it. That way, they get a web based service without having to redevelop a whole new program..

• Dave Bedrosian commented  · 

A web based interface which used Google Task Sync for auto sync with the Android phone app would in my book put Taskos on par with "Remember the Milk" from a functionality standpoint ... but the more intuitive Taskos interface and Voice to Txt ability blows away RTM.

• Garren commented  · 

Agree, a PC or web based version that would auto sync would be nice! I am not fond of the Gmail Task interface & my office workers would resist the Gmail. Would use much more and get others into it as well!

• TheSemicolon commented  · 

A desktop interface of some flavor (web, widget, thick client) would make this te perfect tool.

• dwhsix commented  · 

You can synch with Tasks in GMail, just fyi. It's not full synching (Taskos tasks have attributes gmail tasks don't), but it works for me...

• Wesley commented  · 

By creating a destop client for this that syncs with my phone while I am sitting at my computer at work, would put this app in my Top 3 Favorites, if not #1.

• Wesley commented  · 

By creating a destop client for this that syncs with my phone while I am sitting at my computer at work, would put this app in my Top 3 Favorites, if not #1.

• berek commented  · 

adding a web based application would increase my use by 1000%.

Feedback and Knowledge Base